Diet play a huge role in gaining weight. But exercise plays a huge role in taking it off, along with providing health benefits that can make your entire body run more efficiently. That’s why there is no such thing as weight loss without some type of exercise.
Exercise for weight loss however can be difficult, especially if you’re not sure what to do or haven’t done it in a while. That’s why it’s always a good idea to talk to a medical weight loss professional in order to determine what is safe, what you need, and how you can start shedding fat correctly.
Types of Exercise for Weight Loss
One of the most important things to remember about losing weight through exercise is that the specific exercise is not necessarily as important as any exercise at all. Moving – all forms of moving, even while sitting – helps burn calories. The most important thing for you to do is move, and try to always be moving in some way provided you are healthy enough to do so.
The reason exercise is important, however, is because exercise burns more calories in less time, and also provides additional health benefits that can help you stay active in the future. When you exercise, your muscles and your heart get stronger, and that leads to more energy, which leads to more moving, and thus more calories burned.
There are two primary forms of exercise for weight loss:
- Aerobic Exercise – These are exercises that raise your heart rate, like running, bike riding, and stair climbing. Aerobic exercise burns a lot of calories in little time. Running, for example, can burn up to 600 calories an hour. Bike riding can, in some cases, burn up to 1000. Though you aren’t necessarily going to hit those numbers right away, if you want to burn calories quickly every day, those are the best places to start.
- Anaerobic Exercise – Even though aerobic exercise is seen as the best exercise type for weight loss, anaerobic exercise should not be forgotten. First, anaerobic exercises do help lose weight, just not at the speed of aerobic. Second, improving strength helps keep you healthier and pain free, and thus more mobile and active. Third, there is some evidence that increased muscles burn more calories. Finally, anaerobic exercise can improve your endurance during aerobic exercise.
Both of these styles of exercise are going to be crucial for weight loss, and that is why both are emphasized in any medical exercise for weight loss program.
Custom Exercises for Weight Loss
When developing your own weight loss exercises, a physician or trainer will look at all of the different factors involved, including:
- Your Health – Certain exercises should only be completed by certain people.
- Your Time – What do you have time to do, and what do you have easy access to?
- Your Experience – What are the exercises that you are most likely to continue?
- Your Age – Some exercises are better for certain age groups compared to others.
- Your Weight – Size can have an effect on weight loss exercise choice as well.
These are all issues that can affect what you do as exercise, as can personal preference. But no matter what, all exercise has the potential to help you continue to burn calories and improve your health, and that’s why exercise has to be a part of your weight loss efforts. Diet changes alone will not provide that much weight loss, and even if it did, it would not come with as many health benefits. Exercise has to be a part of any strategic weight loss program.
If you’re interested in learning more about exercise for weight loss, or how to combat obesity and achieve a healthier body, contact Institute for Weight Loss Surgery and body Contouring today. We have clients all over California, including LA, Beverly Hills, San Diego, Newport Beach, Orange County, San Francisco, and more, and we want to help you learn what it takes to lose weight and what you can do to keep it away. Call us today at 714-912-2863 to find out more about our services.